Location: Cummington, MA
Phone: 413 634-0132 or 413 358-8910 (pager)
E-mail: [email protected]
Certification(s) and Experience: Practicing since 1998. CPR certified, fully insured. Certified as a birth and postpartum doula with DONA since 1998; certified as a childbirth educator with ALACE (now International Birth and Wellness Services) since 2006.
Rates: sliding scale for birth doula services; $20/hour for postpartum services
Coverage Area: Hampshire, Hamden, Franklin and Berkshire counties in MA
- Birth Doula Services
- Postpartum Doula Services
- Blessingways/Mother Blessings
- Breastfeeding Support
- Childbirth Education
As a birth doula, I provide:
- Free initial consultation
- 2-3 prenatal visits in your home to discuss your preferences and how we will work together and to answer your specific questions regarding your birth
- Birth preferences and “wish list” counseling
- Unlimited phone consultations 24 hours a day!
- Twenty-four hour on-call service from the time we contract
- Early labor support individualized to client’s need. I will meet you in your home or at the hospital when you are in early labor, depending on your preference and situation
- Continuous emotional and physical support for laboring woman and partner throughout labor, delivery and early hours after the baby is born
- Knowledge of emotional and physiological stages of labor
- Up-to-date knowledge of medical procedures, medications, and interventions and ability to answer questions regarding these choices and procedures
- Many techniques for relieving labor discomfort and avoiding complications, including massage, breathing, pressure points, labor positions for comfort, progress of labor and optimal position of baby, visualization, aromatherapy, and relaxation techniques
- Early breastfeeding support after birth of baby
- One postpartum visit in your home within two weeks to review the birth, answer questions and offer feeding support and/or infant care support.
As a postpartum doula, I provide:
- Emotional and physical support for the mother
- Care for infant while mom rests, naps, or showers
- Information and support with newborn care and feeding
- Light housekeeping
As a childbirth educator, I provide:
Private classes in your home designed to your specific needs. I am a trained and certified Childbirth Educator through the Association for Labor Coaches and Childbirth Educators (ALACE), now known as International Birth and Wellness Project. I have been actively teaching Childbirth Education classes and Newborn Care classes in both group and individual settings since my certification 2006. I currently teach childbirth and newborn classes at Cooley-Dickinson Hospital in Northampton, MA.I began my passionate interest in birth with the birth of my son in 1991. In 1998, I completed my training and certification with DONA International (formerly Doulas of North America). I have been actively working as doula since 1998 and have attended more than 150 births at this point! What a blessing! I have attended a wide variety of births, at homes and in most of our area hospitals. I have a good working knowledge of the protocols of the area hospitals and the care providers who serve them. I have good relationships with all the care providers I have worked with, which facilitates my ability to help you advocate for yourself around your preferences.
Having attended as many births as I have, I am aware that not every birthing woman can have exactly the birth she hoped for. However, I also know that with loving and compassionate support, she can feel strong and confident and empowered by her experience. My goal as a doula is to increase a woman’s confidence and trust in herself, her birth team, and her environment in order to facilitate a birthing experience she can look back on with joy and awe.
- Abuse Survivor Moms
- LGBT Families
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Single Mothers
- Special Spiritual/Religious Needs
- Teen Mothers
- Unmedicated Birth
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean