When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Last week Boris Johnson pledged to outline exactly what social distancing measures would be required after June 21 by the end of this month.
But amid concern at the spread of the Indian variant No10 has backed down from the promise.
“We want to do it as soon as possible but we need time to assess the latest data on this variant first identified in India so I’m not going to give a set time for doing that,” the Prime Minister’s official spokesman said this afternoon.
A separate review on removing limits on the size of weddings was also promised by the end of the month but Downing Street has also distanced itself from that timetable.
The No10 official added: “We can’t be definitive at this point because of this variant that has been identified.
“We need to get as much data in so that we can, if at all possible, take the next step.”
Asked if it was possible the announcement would not be made until June he said: “That’s correct.”
More to follow…
Source: Read Full Article