An ASIRT investigation into an Edmonton police officer who shot a 34-year-old man in 2017 came to a conclusion Thursday.
Almost three years later, ASIRT has deemed the actions of the police officer lawful.
The statement released by ASIRT on Thursday said that between March 25 and 27, 2017, police repeatedly received information that suggested the 34-year-old man was in possession of firearms — and that he was willing to use those firearms against police.
On March 27, 2017, ASIRT said officers had been in contact with the man, notifying him that he had breached bail conditions.
On March 30, after choosing not to turn himself in, officers said they followed the man in a Chevrolet Impala, which was ditched near 128 Avenue and 54 Street, before the suspect attempted to run away on foot.
ASIRT said one officer located the suspect at 6:20 p.m. which resulted in a confrontation where the officer shot the suspect.
Source: Read Full Article