Donald Trump’s fraud claims blasted after own monitors say ballot was ‘most secure ever’

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

As the President continued to refuse to concede to Joe Biden, the department overseeing ­election security said it had found no evidence to back his allegations. They were joined by officials from each state who rebuked claims made by Mr Trump and his supporters of “election rigging” and that last week’s vote was ­“stolen” from him. The Cybersecurity and Infra-structure Security Agency (CISA) and the Election Infrastructure Government Co-ordinating Council issued a joint statement declaring the election “the most secure in American history”. They added: “The November 3 election was the most secure in American history. Across the country, election officials are reviewing and double-checking the entire election process prior to finalising the result. When states have close elections, many will recount ballots.

 

“All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot.

“We can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too.”

They added that contrary to claims by Trump, his family and his allies, there was “no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised”.

 

Chris Krebs, director of the Department of Homeland Security’s CISA, told aides he expects to be fired for going against the President.

Mr Trump is said to have been angered by the election security agencies after they established a website debunking election lies.

Sources say a growing number of his inner circle are now accepting his defeat.

The US leader has told staff he intends to run again in 2024.

Source: Read Full Article