The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
A former Great Ormond Street Hospital porter is to be sentenced for the sexual abuse of young boys over a 35-year period.
Paul Farrell, 55, admitted to 69 historic child sex offences totalling at least 500 different instances of abuse between 1985 and 2020, MyLondon reports.
The offences include indecency with a child, causing a child under 18 to engage in sexual activity and indecent assault. The youngest child is believed to have been just five.
In each case, Farrell was a lodger or babysat at the homes of his victim’s families, before befriending the parents and, unknowingly to them, abusing the children.
The victims were aged between five and 15 when they were abused at different addresses across London.
Farrell, of Castle Road, Camden, admitted to the offences at Wood Green Crown Court on March 12 earlier this year.
His Honour Judge Lucas QC sets out that Farrell has pleaded guilty to 76 child sex offences relating to 560 incidents.
However, the real number is believed to be in the thousands.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Following his conviction, Jane Ndeti, from the Crown Prosecution Service, described Farrell as “a prolific sex attacker” who would present himself to children and their parents as “a loving family man”.
Prosecutor Paul Stephen Douglass read accounts from two brothers who were victims to the ex-porters horrific attacks.
The court heard that the brothers were "between five and seven" when he began to be sexually abused by Farrell as he babysat them.
In a victim impact statement read to the court, Victim A says he now has "no emotion" and he "regrets not reporting it sooner".
Victim B's statement said: "I thought he made a mistake and spent his life regretting it, but clearly not. He sought us out and he clearly knew our family was not the best. Looking back he was so calculated."
Farrell was caught earlier this year after victims came forward and spoke to police and an investigation was launched.
A search of his home revealed a safe in his bedroom filled with numerous indecent DVDs and photographs of children and indecent images of children and extreme pornographic material was found on his mobile phone.
He will appear in person at the same court on Thursday (May 20) for the first day of a two-day sentencing.
Source: Read Full Article