Hen party mum spiked with deadly drug went funny as heart stopped

A hen party turned into a terrifying nightmare for a 22-year-old mum after she collapsed and started having seizures after apparently having her drink spiked in a club.

Aimee said she was out with friends in Dublin on April 13. and remembers coming back from the bar with a drink, “and then that's when I just started acting really funny”.

Her pals told her that she suddenly started acting very strangely.

READ MORE: Dad 'sucker punched' on his stag do after Grand National trip is left fighting for life

She told Dublin Live: “Apparently I just started crying, but I was acting like I wasn't crying and then I was laughing. I was acting really strange and my eyes were flicking a bit and they were like, ‘oh, what's going on here?’

"And they were going, ‘Aimee, are you okay?’ – "But I was like, ‘oh yeah, I'm fine, I'm totally fine’… They said my whole body language was different. And my eyes were just blank. I was happy but I was sad.

“One of my friends took me to the toilet and she just thought, oh, maybe she's just a bit drunk. She was trying to talk to me and I just closed my eyes and then I completely collapsed on the floor. And then I sort of stood back up and she said it was like I was fighting what was happening to my body”.

Aimee ended up with a serious concussion caused by her head banging against the toilet floor as she had several fits.

Her friends called an ambulance but by the time it arrived her heart had stopped.

  • Top cop 'hypnotised' rape victim Stephanie Slater to help catch her kidnapper

Before the incident, Aimee was perfectly healthy, and she thinks that if she had been someone with heart problems, she would have died instantly.

She was also told by doctors that if she had not had her friend who knew how to perform CPR, she would be dead.

Aimee’s heart stopped for the first time at 11pm, her friends told her. She does not know when the ambulance was called but they arrived at 2am.

She still has no idea who actually spiked her drink, but test results from hospital staff later showed that there was a lethal dose of ketamine in her system.

  • 'No evidence' passengers filmed rape on train as police accused of 'propaganda'

Aimee is now calling for more awareness of the dangers of drink spiking.

She says she rarely goes out anyway, because of the demands of looking after her two-year-old daughter, but is now suffering knock-on health problems from her hen party nightmare that doctors have told her could be with her for life.

She said: “My heart literally stopped and I nearly didn't come home to my two-year-old daughter. And then it's just like, ‘oh, well just be more careful’… Nobody's realising my little girl nearly didn't have a mum”.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.


  • 'Innocent' death row inmate who is 'mentally challenged' has evidence denied by court
  • Man says he killed girlfriend with axe after he 'went for the tree and it hit her head'
  • Suspected hitmen killed in plane crash as 'black hole' takes down wanted pair
  • Paedo bus driver who killed boy, 8, and then moved in with his parents could be freed

Source: Read Full Article