Meghan and Harry’s bombshell Oprah interview will ‘trash Britain’s image’

Meghan Markle's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey is set to air this Sunday in the US, and could 'trash Britain's image', a historian has claimed.

The 'tell-all' interview between the Duchess of Sussex and talk show icon Oprah, has been the talk of the town since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced it last month.

However, not all are excited about the interview – where 'no subject is off-limits' – with ties to Buckingham Palace reportedly at risk.

Historian Dominic Green has claimed the CBS primetime special will 'trash Britain's image' and cause American's to think badly against Brits and the royal family.

Writing for The Telegraph, he said: "When Americans talk about snobbery, they don’t mean the Old World snobbery about when you put the milk in your tea or whether, like Michelle Obama, you lay hands on the Queen.

"They mean the real New World snobbery: the snobbery of race, and the social legacies of slavery.

"This is the switch that Meghan and Harry are pulling. Perhaps they are pulling it quite deliberately, as a way of catapulting themselves to the top of America’s showbiz tree, where they can nestle with virtue-signalling, environment-saving, Democrat-donating plutocrats like Oprah, the Clooneys and the Obamas.

"This is why Monday’s proceedings are going to trash Britain’s image in American eyes.

"Americans see each other in terms of race, and they see the rest of the world in those terms too.

  • Meghan Markle's friend breaks silence over bullying allegations

"When Meghan and Harry say “class”, America hears “race”. Especially now, when America is undergoing one of its periodic bouts of puritan sanctimony, and when most of the media endorse the Democratic line that America’s past sins require public rituals of purgation."

He added the way to reduce the damage they could do to Britain's image is to 'reduce the value of their currency' within the celebrity world.

The interview comes as Prince Philip remains in hospital battling an infection and recovering from a successful heart operation. The couple confirmed the special will go ahead despite calls for it to be delayed for the Duke of Edinburgh.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The Times reported this week Meghan faced a bullying complaint from her time in Kensington Palace, she denies the allegations and a spokesperson said she was "saddened" by the reports.

The allegations claim the Duchess drove two personal assistants out of the household, and undermined the confidence of a third staff member.

Meghan's spokesman said it was the "latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma".

On Friday, Buckingham Palace said it would investigate the allegations.

Its statement read: “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

"Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article.

"Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

"The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

Source: Read Full Article