The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Meghan Markle’s dad says he hopes to sue her five close friends who revealed details of her letter to him – if he can find out their names.
Thomas Markle, 76, has spoken to lawyers and is trying to get the pals’ names to file a lawsuit against five mystery sources and the US magazine People, which published an article about them.
The devastated father told the Sunday People: “I’m trying to get the names and I’ll take legal action.
“There were lies told about me, it’s defamation.
"The magazine might be liable too and the people who gave the information – but nobody seems to want to give up their names."
The Duchess of Sussex, 39, won a High Court privacy claim against the Mail on Sunday in February for printing extracts of her letter to him as the judge ruled she "had a reasonable expectation that the contents of the letter would remain private".
Thomas – who had vowed to give evidence against Meghan at a trial – said he gave the newspaper the letter after being enraged by an article in the US magazine revealing its existence.
Under the headline “The truth about Meghan”, the piece was based on anonymous interviews with the five pals and was the first public reference to the letter.
Queen's 'heartbreak' over Royal Family feud 'must have left her feeling truly alone'
Thomas, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, had said in a witness statement he had been forced to act to defend himself, claiming the article was untrue and portrayed him as dishonest and coldhearted.
He has also dropped in a letter to Oprah Winfrey asking her to interview him as she did Meghan.
A source told The Sun: “Thomas delivered a letter to Oprah asking her to contact him so he could tell his side of the story.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
“This was not a note to Meghan and Harry, it was meant for Oprah. Thomas watched the interview she did with them and feels he deserves a chance to have his say.”
Thomas said: “It’s about the truth. I want the truth out.”
The Daily Star has approached People for comment.
- Meghan Markle
- Royal Family
Source: Read Full Article