Meghan the dominant force in Prince Harrys distressing change, expert says

Meghan Markle is the "dominant force" in the "extraordinary and to many distressing way Harry has changed", a royal expert has said.

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle announced on January 8 last year that they would step back from senior positions within the Firm following talks at Sandringham with Prince Charles, Prince William, and the Queen.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have since relocated with their son, Archie, to California, where they have since been joined by newborn daughter Lilibet.

The move came after Harry said he felt "trapped" within the confines of royallife, as he revealed in the Sussexes' bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey in March this year.

And now, royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams has told the Daily Star, there is "little doubt" Meghan helped Harry leave his former life behind.

Mr Fitzwilliams said: "There is little doubt that Meghan has been the dominant force in the extraordinary and to many distressing way Harry has changed.

"There is no question that his attitude to his former life, where he feels he was trapped and regards other senior royals as being trapped, has changed beyond anyone’s expectation."

  • Royal Family wish Meghan Markle happy birthday as they share pic of her on duty as Duchess of Sussex

In the Oprah interview, Harry said he has "compassion" for Prince Charles and brother Prince William "who cannot escape".

Asked if he would have broken away if it had not been for Meghan, Harry said: "No.

"I wouldn't have been able to, because I myself was trapped as well. I didn't see a way out. You know, I was trapped, but I didn't know I was trapped."

For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

And much in the same way that the royal family did not respond to the claims Harry made during the interview with Oprah, Mr Fitzwilliams thinks the royals will choose to ignore Harry's upcoming memoir.

The book, which has been written by ghostwriter J. R. Moehringerset, is set to be released in late 2022.

Mr Fitzwilliams added: "There isn’t anything the royal family can do about the coming books.

"They have not responded in any detail to the Oprah interview as they could not."

After news of the upcoming memoir broke, Prince Harry confirmed in a statement: "I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.

"I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.

"I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

The Daily Star has approached the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Archewell representative for comment.

Source: Read Full Article