MP under fire after saying Meghan Markle ‘wants to take down Royal Family’

An Australian MP has come under fire for a "gold digger" tweet aimed at Meghan Markle where he claims she wants to take down the Royal family because she "married the wrong prince".

Politician Jarrod Bleijie is the latest person to have their say on Meghan and Prince Harry's bombshell tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, which was aired on Sunday, March 7, on CBS and Monday (March 8) on ITV in the UK.

In the interview, Meghan made a number of astonishing claims including that concerns were raised about how dark son Archie's skin might be and ignoring pleas for help when she "didn't want to be alive anymore".

Mr Bleijie, a representative in Queensland, thinks Meghan decided to cause trouble that Prince William would be king and not Harry.

He tweeted: "The problem started when American actress Meghan Markle was told William would be King not Harry.

"It was at this time that she realised she married the wrong prince.

"So if you can't be the future Queen, she'll attempt to take down the institution. The Crown will prevail!"

Australia is part of the Commonwealth and it is one of 16 countries where the Queen is head of state.

Fellow Queensland MP Grace criticised Mr Bleijie's comments, calling them "disappointing" as they amounted to calling Meghan "a gold digger" so close to International Women's Day.

She said: "It is disappointing that during a week where we are celebrating the success of women around the world, that we have a member in this House who is essentially saying that Meghan Markle is a gold digger.

"Meghan Markle is not who she married. She is a strong, successful woman in her own right.

  • Kate Middleton 'sends subtle message to Meghan and Harry' with unique earring choice

"The young people of today deserve better."

The Oprah interview has pulled in huge viewing figures, making it the most watched show of 2021 so far.

It was watched by 11.1 million people on ITV on Monday night, with many more watching on the ITV Hub where the interview is still available.

Buckingham Palace broke its silence on the show, with a brief statement given on behalf of the Queen.

It read: "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members."

Source: Read Full Article