Passengers filmed sex attack and did nothing as woman was raped on train

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

Several people who stood by and allowed a man to allegedly rape a woman on a moving train while recording it but not calling police could face charges, according to reports.

The man, who has now been identified as Fiston Ngoy, allegedly sat down next to the victim last Wednesday and began to get aggressive with her a few minutes later, after she rejected his advances.

The 35-year-old then allegedly ripped her clothes off and raped her for eight minutes as the entire attack was recorded on CCTV, Fox News reports.

He's now been charged with rape, aggravated indecent assault, and related counts.

The alleged assault took place on the train to Upper Darby town on the Market Frankford line of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Septa) in the US.

Despite several other passengers being present on the Pennsylvania train, no one took action or called 911. Police are investigating if some actually filmed the incident, which could bring charges.

The New York Times reported that police said that people who recorded the attack and failed to intervene could possibly be charged, but that would be up to the Delaware County District Attorney's office to determine.

"I can tell you that people were holding their phone up in the direction of this woman being attacked," Thomas J. Nestel III, the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority police chief, said at a news conference Monday.

To keep up to date with all the latest news stories, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Police superintendent Timothy Bernhardt previously said: "I’m shocked, I have no words for it.

"I just can’t imagine seeing what you were seeing through your own eyes and seeing what this woman was going through that no one would step in and help her."

He added that there were enough witnesses that “collectively, they could have gotten together and done something”

The woman was taken to a hospital and was treated for her injuries. She was commended by police for her bravery.

Police said she is on the mend and called her "unbelievably strong."

If you or somebody you know has been affected by this story, contact Victim Support for free, confidential advice on 08 08 16 89 111 or visit their website,

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article