Raoul Moat's family and the families of his victims are still trying to "move on" from the killer's bloody rampage that saw one person shot dead.
On July 3, 2010, jealous bouncer and bodybuilder Moat hunted down and shot his ex-girlfriend Samantha Stobbart and her new boyfriend Chris Brown.
Samantha survived but Chris died instantly – as Moat, just two days out of jail, then began a week-long reign of terror across Gateshead and Newcastle, as part of a misplaced vendetta against Northumbria Police.
READ MORE: Man stabbed girlfriend and waited for her to die before driving body to police station
Samantha has since stepped back from the public eye, and chose not to speak publicly during the drama, having moved home with her parents again recently, in a bid for a fresh start.
The Mirror reported that she covered her three bullet wound scars with tattoos and attempted to shield her daughter from the public eye.
Chris' devastated family blamed Samantha for telling cop-hater Moat that he was a policeman.
Christopher’s mother Sally Brown, 72, is still living with the pain, recently saying of Samantha’s fateful lie: “Why goad the man? [Moat] She knew what he was capable of. So yes, I blame her.”
She is also furious at ITV’S The Hunt for Raoul Moat, saying "no-one ever thinks about the mothers."
Hours after the first shooting, Moat, 37, shot and blinded on-duty policeman, PC David Rathband, before going into hiding and sparking the largest manhunt in modern history.
In February 2012, almost 18 months after the shooting, David was found hanged at his home in Blyth.
A coroner ruled that he could not cope with his disability and the subsequent breakdown of his marriage.
His daughter Mia was at home celebrating her 12th birthday with a sleepover party the night her father was shot.
Now 24, Mia, who lives in Yorkshire, is now a parent herself – to 15-month-old son Ronnie who has the middle name David after his grandfather.
She’s also followed in her father’s footsteps to become a police officer, as well as helping his charity foundation.
The family have spent 10 years coming to terms with the loss – but with the final of the ITV drama The Hunt For Raoul Moat airing tonight, Mia said it has brought back all of the family's pain.
For seven days, police searched for the killer, while he taunted them with phone calls threatening to kill them and the public.
Finally, it came down to a six-hour police stand-off, where – after a bizarre encounter with Paul Gascoigne – Moat shot himself in the head with a shotgun.
His family, and the families of his victims were forever affected. It’s thought Moat had a total of six children from different women, including the eldest Katelaine Fitzpatrick.
Katelaine, now 24, is a full-time mum to children Mckenzie, seven, and six-month-old Harper, who she credits with helping her “move on”.
She previously said: “Being his flesh and blood sickens me at times, it’s hard to believe who I am. I can’t believe I come from that man."
Paul Gascoigne made headlines after turning up at Moat’s final stand-off in Rothbury, convinced he get through to the killer.
The star has since overcome his alcohol and drug addictions and is appearing in new reality TV show Scared of the Dark.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Inside prison plot to murder Netflix killer Jeffrey Dahmer after cannibal 'crossed line'
- 'Tool Box' killers joined forces to hunt young girls in creepy van named 'Murder Mac'
- Most common zodiac signs of serial killers — from Jeffrey Dahmer to Ted Bundy
Source: Read Full Article