Woman who murdered her husband and hid his corpse in freezer arrested by cops

A woman accused of killing her husband and locking his corpse up in a freezer has been arrested.

Claudia Tavares Hoeckler, 40, is alleged to have murdered her husband Valdemir Hoeckler who she claims abused her for years.

The 52-year-old's body was found at their home freezer in Lacerdopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil after Hoeckler reportedly turned herself in at a police station on November 21.

READ MORE: Serial fly-tipper arrives at court wearing traffic cone on head in bizarre disguise

According to legal documents, she sat on her husband's death and tried going on the run for a week before reporting it happened earlier this month on November 13.

Hoeckler arrived at the police station with several lawyers.

Local media report that she told police she had suffered years of physical, sexual and mental abuse from her husband during their 23 years together.

Police formally arrested Hoeckler and, according to local media, she gave a statement.

Investigators have declared the killing a murder case and say the victim was killed by a blow to the back of his head.

The judge overseeing the case reportedly said: "The temporary segregation of the defendant, at this time, will also allow for a better elucidation of the facts, as it will prevent the defendant from creating embarrassments for the investigation of the criminal case, especially to clarify the reasons and circumstances of the crime and the possible participation of third parties."

Hoeckler has been placed under temporary arrest, which can last up to 30 days, while the investigation is carried out.

Her husband's disappearance was noticed by colleagues and family on November 14 when he failed to show up for work, but it was another five days before his body was discovered.

Hoeckler reportedly consented to the search but then disappeared until she turned herself in.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

The suspect – who also had bruises and signs of violence in her body – told police her husband had frequently threatened to kill her.

She is quoted in local media saying: "He wouldn't let me do anything, I just didn't have a life of my own. I couldn't go out with friends.

"I was going to the salon to get my hair done and I had to leave with wet hair because he was bugging me for taking so long.

"I had to race against time, my life has always been under pressure."

The investigation is ongoing.

Source: Read Full Article